Saturday, 12 March 2016

Cozy Fringed Cowl Leasowes View Styley

This week my project on the hook was the Cozy Fringed Cowl.
The pattern is available for free at Yarnspirations and there's also a video tutorial on YouTube by B.hooked Crochet.

I chose to make my version with Patons Smoothie DK yarn. The colours are Slate (01088) and Lilac Mix (02019) ... the same colours I used for my version of the Merry Christmas Mitts. I used a 5mm hook.
The pattern says it is for beginners. I'm not a beginner and I found it challenging at times, simply because I kept getting the wrong number of stitches ... I persevered and finally completed the crochet part.
The fringe was quick and simply to do. I used one piece of Slate and one piece of Lilac Mix for each tassle. 
Despite it taking longer than I had hoped (I'm not the most patient of people), I do like the finished piece and I can see myself wearing it in the Spring with a plain white t-shirt, jeans and cowboy boots.

9 comments :

  1. That's such a lovely twist on a plain cowl and so simple to do - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that is one posh cowl, bet you will get loads of compliments when you are out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great cowl. Love the blue, and all the fringing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour, I can imagine it will be ideal with jeans and your cowboy boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so simple and pretty. The fringe colours are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fun and I love the pink in with the blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh you know i love fringe! awesome fringed cowl, thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete