Sunday, 10 January 2016

Alexia's Meadow Instagram Blanket - crochet fundraiser

This week I was one of 101 people to sign up to a crochet fundraiser.
The fundraiser is for Help Alexia Walk and was organised through Instagram by Sue Lipscombe (@_suelip).

Each person has been asked to crochet a 10x10cm square using the Stylecraft Special DK in 'Meadow' and then personalise it with something you may find in a meadow (again using selected colours of the Stylecraft yarn).

All squares will then be made into a blanket by Sue and the blanket will be raffled.

I chose to add a wild pansy to my square and I used this pansy pattern
My colour selection was Saffron, Bluebell and Violet.
I can't wait to see how the blanket turns out!

If you'd like to see others' squares and follow the progress of the blanket, it has it's very own Facebook page. You can also follow along on Instagram ... just search for the tag #alexiasmeadowigblanket

3 comments :

  1. That's beautiful! What a unique idea for a fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That is a lovely blog post and sure to raise more awareness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely thank u so much to u all xxx

    ReplyDelete