Sunday, 8 November 2015

The Hubby Cowl

For the first time I've made something for my other half. 

Introducing 'The Hubby Cowl'.
Not only is it the first thing I have crocheted for my husband, but it's the first piece I have made for a man.
Here's the pattern:

DK yarn (I used Womens Institute Premium Acrylic Yarn in chocolate)
5mm hook

**** Note: all stitches are made into the back loop only ****

Row 1 chain  60
Row 2 hdc (UK htr) into the second chain from hook & then in each stitch across, chain 2
Row 3 hdc (UK htr) into the first stitch and each stitch across, ch2
Row 4-52 repeat Row 3  (do not ch2 at the end of Row 52)

Fasten off leaving a long tail

Use this tail to whip stitch the cowl together. Secure and then weave in ends.
Crocheting into the back loops gives the cowl a ribbed effect.
My other half is chuffed with his cowl, though not so chuffed about being my model!
If you use the pattern, let me know! If you post your finished piece on social media, don't forget to use the hashtag #thehubbycowl.

Pattern ©Leasowes View 2015

6 comments :

  1. Looks super. I am always offering to knit things for my husband, and being declined. Why do some men thing that wearing gloves or hat is some sort of admission of weakness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and useful. I'm sure while snow blowing this winter your husband will appreciate your Hubby Cowl.
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cowls as so much easier when shopping etc than a scarf hanging down. Suits you Sir

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool, and I love seeing styling guys! Nice Job!

    Valerie
    Fashion and travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, my hubby wears a cowl when he's out and about on his motorcycle, he can pull it up around his ears and there are no draughts. :)

    ReplyDelete